Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Simply Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe

I used to be the worst at making chocolate chip cookies. In fact, I couldn’t really make any cookie. Then I realized, if I followed the directions (exactly) instead of just adding everything into a bowl and mixing it that it would turn out so much better. This recipe made me realize that I could make good cookies, and it wasn’t hard at all!

Simply Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter softened
3/4 Cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Using a hand mixer, cream the softened butter then add the sugar and beat until mixed well.
Add eggs and continue beating until smooth.

Add dry ingredients and mix with a spoon. Add the chocolate chips last and mix well. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes (underbake for a better cookie)

Picture is pre-baked as I accidently overcooked this batch.

P1220135

This dough can be easily frozen for baking at a later date. Simply line a pan with wax paper and pour the dough on top of it. I should have used a smaller pan here, but once your dough is inside, smooth it out and pop into the freezer. Let the dough harden, without freezing, and cut into smaller pieces for “break and bake” cookies. Once frozen, be sure to cover the cookie dough to protect it inside the freezer.

P1220136

No comments:

Post a Comment