Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies – Recipe

As I was searching for this recipe to make I was shocked that I did not have it on my blog already, but I had multiple copies of it in my recipe box. I noticed the same thing with a few other recipes. They are some of my favorite recipes and over the next few weeks - on Wednesdays - I will be updating this blog and sharing them with you all. After all, I wouldn’t have multiple copies if they weren’t good! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

P1220152

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside
In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugars and beat until smooth.
Add in the peanut butter and egg, continuing to beat until smooth.
Finally, using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour 1/4 cup at a time until well mixed.
Using a spoon*, drop the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet making your balls about 1 inch around.
Using a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on the cookies to slightly flatten them.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Place entire sheet on cooling rack to cool.

*Spray your spoon with a non-stick spray so dough doesn’t stick to the spoon.

This dough can be frozen and used at a later time. To do this, I place dough on top of wax paper inside an 8x8 pan and smooth it out. To make it easier to bake later, cut the dough into pieces when it is hard, but not quite frozen. The recipe has been doubled in the image below.

P1220144

No comments:

Post a Comment