Sunday, January 1, 2012

Melted Snowmen – Winter Cookie Craft for Children

This was perhaps one of my children’s most favorite things to do this Winter*.  They are very simple to make and only take a few ingredients.

You will need:Sugar Cookie Dough (Prepare ahead of time to make it easier!)
Prepared Icing (Or make your own ahead of time)
Marshmallows (optional)
Food Coloring, or Colored Icing Tubes for decorating

P1100533

Preheat your oven to 350* and using the prepared cookie dough, roll golf-ball sized balls and smush them onto a greased cookie sheet. Dont worry about getting them round. The whole idea is to make them look “melted” and flawed. Bumps are fine!

Bake for around 9 minutes. Time may vary depending on your dough and oven.

P1100504

Once the cookies are done and cooled enough to handle icing - spread white icing over the cookies and down the edges some. You want it to look like the icing is running down the edges.

Then add a marshmallow on top and decorate:

P1100547

If you arent a fan of the marshmallows simply leave them out, or do as I did and take it off and draw a face directly on the cookie.

P1100553

You can see in an image above that I added signs to the snowmen. They were just a fun addition. I think they look good either way:

P1100534

*This idea was not my own, but I do not know where I originally came across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment