Saturday, August 30, 2014

Schulist Spaghetti Sauce Recipe

Schulist Spaghetti Sauce Recipe

This was probably the first “family” recipe that I remember ever having, so I suppose you could say it holds a very special place in my heart. It came to me from my grandfather, and he got it from his grandfather, or something like that. This recipe is perfect as is, but can also be used as a “base” if you want to add other ingredients to help spice it up.

Ingredients:
2 garlic bulbs minced
24oz tinned tomato paste
29oz tinned tomato sauce
10 3/4oz tinned tomato soup
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 tspn cinnamon
1 tablespoon oregano
1/4 tspn garlic
3 cans water

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and simmer for 2 hours

*For a little extra crunch add some finely diced or shredded carrots, or other vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment