Saturday, July 26, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

When I was pregnant with my first child, I remember stocking up on oatmeal during a sale then later wondering what in the world I was going to make with 10 packages of oatmeal. Luckily for me, the packages had a recipe on the back for oatmeal cookies. The addition of chocolate chips made them even better; perfect for a pregnant woman craving an oatmeal cookie! Since my first child celebrated his 10th birthday yesterday, I think it's only fitting to share this recipe today.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tspn vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tspn cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Heat oven to 375*. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray
In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and egg, blend well.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake at 375* for 7-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment